TAKE SIMPLE STEPS TO PROTECT YOUR ONLINE IDENTITY BY:
- Locking and password protecting your computer and cell phone.
- Not sharing any account information or personal information via phone, text or the web. Edon State Bank will never call or email you to ask for your account number. Contact us with updated email address and phone numbers in case we need to contact you about suspicious activity.
- Setting proper privacy settings on social networking sites.
- Always sign off and close your browser when you finish an online banking session.
SECURE YOURSELF FROM FRAUD AND PHISHING ATTACKS BY:
- Turning off the option to automatically download attachments.
- Saving and scanning any attachments before opening them.
- Before providing any kind of info, call and verify with the source that they are indeed the ones who sent the email. Don’t use the phone number provided in the email.
TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM CYBER PREDATORS:
- Be aware-you never know who is behind the screen, so be protective of yourself and your personal info.
- If you are being targeted or harassed online, notify your family or the proper authorities.
- Help protect your accounts from fraud with customizable alerts and services available 24/7 with My Mobile Money Access for your debit card.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR INFORMATION HAS BEEN COMPROMISED TAKE THESE STEPS:
- Call the Edon State Bank @ 419-272-2521
- Call other financial institutions where you have funds or credit.
- Contact the credit bureaus listed below and ask them to put a fraud alert on your file:
- Equifax – 888-766-0008
- Experian – 888-397-3742
- TransUnion – 800-680-7289
- File an identity theft report with your local law enforcement agency.